What is it that makes whole grains so wonderful? Let’s count the ways…
- Whole grains provide you with antioxidants and phytochemicals which are protective against cancer, chronic disease, and cellular damage.
- Whole grains are linked to reduced risk factors for many chronic diseases including some big name killers like heart disease, obesity and diabetes.
- Whole grains are not only linked to a healthy body weight but also to maintaining that weight.
- Whole grains help to control appetite and promote gastrointestinal health as a result of their fiber content.
- The phytosterols found in whole grains may reduce absorption of dietary cholesterol. These stanols and sterols are also linked to lower LDL (bad cholesterol) numbers.